The GeoGrain Standard Optimizer is the most powerful cash marketing tool available to farmers with one goal--to find farmers additional money. Users can quickly navigate through cash grain prices and basis levels to find the precise answer they are looking for. Not only does it cross-reference shipping costs (calculated according to driving miles) with every bid in the area, it also accounts for storage costs, which allows you to find the best time and place to set a contract. Market prices can easily be sorted by net returns or by distance from the farm. When market opportunities are spotted, the user can easily view the buyer’s contact information and start negotiating a grain sale.
Key features of the Standard Optimizer tools
- Identifies the best local markets based on prices, storage and trucking costs
- Bid data available within a 200-mile radius of farm locations
- Data can be filtered by commodity, hauling rate, and storage rate
- Results can be displayed by net returns or by driving distance from the farm
- View spot bids and forward contract prices up to 12 months out
- Charting and mapping of local spot and forward basis
- Net returns over trucking costs are potentially 10 to 20 cents a bushel
Farm locations, production values, trucking and storage costs can be entered to find the optimal market and delivery month for sale or purchase of grain. We offer an entire staff of cash market specialists working for you. Over time, we have found that the Universal Optimizer will find farmers on average an extra 10 to 20 cents per bushel in the cash market. To put that in perspective, for the typical farmer who planted 2,000 acres of corn and harvested a 160 bushel yield, that extra 10 cents translates into $32,000!
Benefits of the Corporate Branded Standard Optimizer
- Improve your clients profitability by providing precise cash market information
- Strengthen your client-business relationships by becoming a resource with powerful marketing tools